Self-guided tours are free and available to all of our guests during regular business hours. For those wanting more of an in-depth, educational experience, we offer guided tours by our experienced staff. Learn about the different phases of fish growth and what is involved in producing our stock. See more details below. Call us today to schedule your tour.
Consultations are not part of the guided tour. If you are interested in pursuing aquaculture and need more in-depth advice and answers, you will need to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dave – Click here for more information.
Self Guided Tours
We’ve been welcoming visitors to our farm for over 25 years. Exploring our farm is fun for all ages and it’s free! While you’re here, visit our Sturgeon Petting Zoo to get up close and personal with rare, endangered fish. Participate in a Trout Feeding Frenzy and watch them splash in excitement as you feed them by hand. We have a large variety of Fish & Critter Displays in the hatchery and at our retail store. Self-guided Tours are encouraged during regular business hours. For folks that want a more in-depth tour of our hatchery, we offer group Tours by reservation.
Download a Map of the Farm
- Year Round
- Free of charge (Although the fish feed machines take quarters)
- Available during reg. business hours – Monday-Saturday: 10am-6pm
- Limited access to hatchery, but includes all exhibits
- Grounds are completely accessible, including our public restrooms
- Year Round – Exception: No tours during the month of September
- Monday through Friday Only (Earliest time – 10:30am / Latest time – 4pm)
- Need to be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance
- Tours are customized for all ages (preschool — senior citizens)
- A fee is charged for anyone on the tour that is age 3 or older
- $5 per person — Minimum 15 people or $75 fee
- Non-profit groups: $4 per person — Minimum 15 people or $60 fee
(This includes schools & homeschool groups)
- A group that includes more than 30 people will usually be split into 2 smaller groups
- Adult tours include a sampling of our smoked trout appetizers in our retail store
- School tours include a souvenir postcard for each student/child
- Typical tour lasts 45 min — 1 hour
- Tours are completely accessible, including our public restrooms
- Picnic tables are available in several locations on the property
- Buses are welcome
- Most of the tour is conducted indoors but some parts are outdoors
Staying in the area for lunch? We highly recommend the Airport Cafe, 1 mile south of our farm. Open Tuesday-Saturday. Save room for pie!